Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Zapped again

One month behind my schedule I set for myself but it's done! I finished editing Zapped! I've also sent it to the grade 6 class for some comments and suggestions. Can't wait to hear what they think!

I am so excited to have that out of the way. First because it's done. But even more, I really want to be working on Survival Zone. I've got the outline done and the first three chapters, but still. There is so much more work to be done! And I can't wait to do it!

I'd love to have the first draft finished before school ended in June. Possible? Maybe. Not sure, but hopefully.

I don't get many things accomplished in the summer. Sad, but true. I refuse to let things get so behind this year as they did last year. Especially my sewing! I did not sew any barbie clothes for my girls. How sad is that? Too sad!

Here's a funny story. I sewed a pair of work pants for my husband. I put the elastic in the waist and made him try them on. They weren't completely finished, but you could tell they were pants. He laughed.

Yes he did! He laughed and said what are they for? You want me to wear these?

So, right. We'll see who laughs last. Especially when I throw out all the old pairs............seriously falling apart and he still wears them! He needs my skills as a seamstress. Really he does. If they look like pants and they cover your backside - they qualify as pants. So put them on.

Barbie clothes are definitely more fun to make don't you think? They never complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment